Software QA Engineer
The QA Engineer we are targeting has a natural ability to problem solve and look for solutions. We need you to make sure you have a handle on the entire development process, and assist with identifying problems and solutions with our software. The Sharpen team thrives on creative, fresh ideas that help us build better products and deliver more value to our customers. QA works with the Sharpen Development Team to test and correct bugs that have been generated from new software or application updates. The QA team creates, tests, and evaluates applications and systems to ensure proper functionality and that such systems meet the needs of Sharpen users. We feel this is best achieved working hand-in-hand, onsite with our close-knit team. So, in this role, you should expect to work at our office located downtown. Additionally, we do expect our group to work full-time hours so anticipate at least a 40-hour work week. Unless, of course, we are out of the office doing, exploring or creating something cool.
- Test newly developed software and features and record any bugs or performance issues.
- Collect information about software usability.
- Identify critical bottlenecks in development.
- Develop and run effective tests to ensure product stability and performance.
- Provide feedback to developers about automated testing strategies, design fixes, and patches.
- Document, prioritize, and resolve bugs.
- Complete projects, reviews, and reports as needed.
- Ability to spot flaws and inconsistencies.
- Detail oriented and able to analyze complicated data sets.
- Strong propensity for research and investigation.
- Ability to write and run a variety of tests.
- Familiar with QA methodologies and tools or the desire to research and learn.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
Less of a "requirement" and move of a "desired" item:
- Two or more years working in software development and/or undergraduate degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.
- Hands-on experience with functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, mobile testing, big data testing, cross platform testing, component testing, security testing, performance testing, UI/UX testing, and/or A/B testing.
Extra consideration given to applicants with any of the following skills:
- Interest in an opportunity to develop automation from the ground up as a key contributor.
Why Work at Sharpen?
- Health Benefits // Sharpen pays 100% of the premiums for employees. Score.
- Flexible Vacation Policy // You take vacation whenever you would like.
- Fully Stocked Kitchen // Morning snacks, afternoon snacks, fuel for working late, we’ve got it covered.
- Casual Dress Code // Jeans days are every day. Not just Fridays.
- Relentless Work Ethic // Our team thrives off of working hard, learning constantly, and being flexible.
Please submit your information below and our team will review your application. If we think you are a qualified candidate for our opening, we will reach out to you directly. Thank you for your time and interest in Sharpen!
Sharpen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.