Sales Development Representative
Sharpen is looking for motivated individuals in the California market, hungry to join a company where they can make an impact and grow the business. Ideally this person is strategic, methodical and will comfortably align with our Director of Sales in terms of messaging, content, research, and client acquisition.
We are targeting 2 locations at the moment, San Francisco-94105 as well as Venice Beach-90291. We will further explain what the plan is during the interview process.
The Sales Development Representatives, sells a subset of Sharpen’s product and services offering to small, medium, and enterprise sized prospects. The SDR may have a secondary focus on penetrating certain assigned customers with significant growth opportunity, as assigned by management.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the SDR closes and implements growth opportunities of moderate complexity within an assigned territory. The SDR’s most important means of interacting with customers and prospects is through phone and email conversations. Additionally, the SDR is responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profit goal.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Contact target prospects to identify the decision maker, discuss Sharpen’s product offering and create qualified appointments for the sales team
- Generate appointments and opportunities by means of proactive outbound prospecting
- Use strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments
- Log and track prospect contact information
- Attend sales meetings, training and certain sales calls to keep current with Sharpen’s product offering
- Work closely with Marketing to discover opportunities from leads and aid in market research
- Demonstrate industry knowledge
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written skills and can combine both in a persuasive manner to engage prospects and convey valuable information
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong sense of urgency and a desire to succeed
- A desire to compete with the best
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent is strongly preferred
- 2+ years previous Lead Generation and Business Development experience would be welcomed
- Experience with CRM platforms, we use Salesforce.com specifically
Why Work at Sharpen?
- Health Benefits // Sharpen pays 100% of the premiums for employees.
- Flexible Vacation Policy // We appreciate how hard you work and offer flexible vacation to thank you for it
- Relentless Work Ethic // Our team thrives off of working hard, learning constantly, and being flexible.