The Application Developer works with the Sharpen team to develop and implement various software applications for our platform. Additionally, create, test and evaluate applications and systems to ensure proper functionality and ensure systems meet the needs of customers.
The Sharpen team thrives on creative, fresh ideas that help us build better products and deliver more value to our customers. We feel this is best achieved working hand-in-hand, onsite with our close-knit team. Our office is located at 6311 Westfield Blvd Ste 200 Indianapolis, IN 46220 (however we will be relocating downtown in the near future). Additionally, we do expect our group to work fulltime hours so anticipate at least a 40-hour work week
- Create a secure API for our web and mobile applications.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Troubleshoot to solve architectural challenges and performance problems.
- Integrate solutions for data-storage and data-backup.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Design and implement data storage solutions.
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Work with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements.
- Assist Client Support team in composing proper documentation/instructions in use of new as well as existing web applications.
- Work with QA team to ensure proper testing has occurred before release of applications.
- Stay current on programming/coding skills and innovations including but not limited to PHP, Node.JS, MySQL
- Work productively within group and team settings.
- Attend meetings and events as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Sharpen information assets.
Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of PHP, Node.JS
- Experience with common open source tools, relational databases, and version control tools.
- Experience with PHP 5 & 7 and other relevant tools.
- A proven track record of successful implementation of an API.
- Experience in managing host environments, implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Deep knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Proficiency with Git, a SQL database, and back-end programming languages.
- Experience in MySQL databases, Agile development, and machine learning is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to collaborate with other developers and members of the Sharpen team.
- Be able to act with a sense of urgency when appropriate while not losing site of other projects.
Why Work at Sharpen?
Health Benefits // Sharpen pays 100% of the premiums for employees. Score.
Flexible Vacation Policy // You take vacation whenever you would like, assuming your team is aware and prepared for you to be out.
Fully Stocked Kitchen // Morning snacks, afternoon snacks, fuel for working late, we’ve got it covered.
Casual Dress Code // Jeans days are every day. Not just Fridays but if business casual makes you happy, that works for us too!
Relentless Work Ethic // Our team thrives off of working hard, learning constantly, and being flexible.