The Account Executive position focuses on growing business opportunities and building customer relationships. Account Executives are responsible for achieving or exceeding sales goals to expand the Sharpen client base. This position offers a base salary, commission, and stock options.
The Account Executive acts as a consultant for the entire range of Sharpen applications and services. The ideal candidate develops profitable, long-term relationships based a customer-focused approach.
- Create and track detailed business plans to achieve sales goals.
- Develop relationships with new clients to provide relevant solutions.
- Manage the sales cycle from prospecting to close (initiating contact with prospective clients through cold calling, as necessary).
- Partner with Platform Enablement Team on product demos and collecting/understanding competitor information.
- Partner with Relationship Management Team to onboard new clients.
- Attend and take part in sale meetings, product training, and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and proposals.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of Sharpen assets.
- Proven 5 years of sales experience with 2 years in Software or Telephony
- Ability to multi-task in a team environment, as well as work independently, with little to no supervision
- Proven success proposing, presenting, and discussing solutions with decision-makers (including C-Level).
- A working sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service and consultative skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Must pass a background check
- Mac proficiency preferred
- All-around awesomeness
The work environment is an office setting with moderate temperatures, lighting, and noise. It will sporadically involve wet or humid conditions, high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, risk of electric shock, and vibrations. (We know it sounds intense, but it’s not…we just have to cover our bases).
- May travel occasionally (up to 10% of the time).
- Working in a small, younger organization can necessitate long hours. We work until we get the job done—but have a good time doing it.